- Greater than 90% Efficiency
- Adjustable Output Voltage Up to 12V
- Internal 14V Power MOSFET
- Selectable 700kHz/1.3MHz Frequency
- Integrated Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
- Programmable Soft-Start Function
- Thermal Shutdown
- Cycle-by-Cycle Over-Current Protection
- Two Peak Current Options:
- ACT6390: 1.7A, 0.2Ω
- ACT6391: 2.5A, 0.15Ω
- Small MSOP-8 Package
The ACT6390/ACT6391 are high-performance, fixed-frequency, current-mode PWM step-up DC/DC converters that incorporate internal power MOSFETs. The ACT6390 includes an integrated 0.2Ω power MOSFET that supports peak currents
of up to 1.7A, while the ACT6391’s integrated 0.15Ω power MOSFET supports currents of up to 2.5A.
The ACT6390 and ACT6391 both utilize simple external loop compensation and a pin-selectable fixed-frequency of either 700kHz or 1.3MHz, allowing optimization between component size, cost, and AC performance across a wide range of applications. Additional functions include an externally programmable soft-start function for easy inrush current control, internal over-voltage protection (OVP), cycle-by-cycle current limit protection, and thermal shutdown.
Both the ACT6390 and the ACT6391 are available in the small 8-pin MSOP-8 package.
- TFT LCD Monitors
- Battery-Powered Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
- DSL and Cable Modems and Routers