- 40V Input Voltage Surge
- 36V Steady State Operation
- Up to 3.5A output current
- Output Voltage up to 18V
- 125kHz Switching Frequency Eases EMI Design
- 91% Efficiency (Vout=5V@2.4A at Vin=12V)
- Stable with Low-ESR Ceramic Capacitors to Allow Low-Profile Designs
- Integrated Over Voltage Protection
- Excellent EMI Performance
- Patented ActiveCC Sensorless Constant Current Control Improves Efficiency and Lowers Cost.
- Resistor Programmable
- Current Limit from 1.5A to 4.0A
- Patented Cable Compensation from 0 to 0.25Ω
- ±7.5% CC Accuracy
- Compensation of Input /Output Voltage Change
- Temperature Compensation
- Independent of inductance and Inductor DCR
- 2% Feedback Voltage Accuracy
- Advanced Feature Set
- Integrated Soft Start
- Thermal Shutdown
- Secondary Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit
- Protection Against Shorted ISET Pin
- SOP-8EP Package
ACT4533C is a wide input voltage, high efficiency ActiveCC step-down DC/DC converter that operates in either CV (Constant Output Voltage) mode or CC (Constant Output Current) mode. ACT4533C provides up to 3.5A output current at 125kHz switching frequency. ActiveCC is a patented control scheme to achieve high-accuracy sensorless constant current control.
ActiveCC eliminates the expensive, high accuracy current sense resistor, making it ideal for CLA applications. ACT4533C integrates adaptive gate drive to achieve excellent EMI performance passing EN55022 Class B EMC standard without adding additional EMI components while maintaining high conversion efficiency. Protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit, thermal shutdown, and frequency foldback at short circuit.
The ACT4533C is available in a SOP-8EP package and require very few external components for operation.
- Car Charger / Adaptor
- Rechargeable Portable Device
- General Purpose CC/CV Power Supply