- Wide 4.5V to 28V Input Voltage Range
- 1.5A Output Current (12VIN to 5VOUT)
- Output Adjustable Down to 0.81V
- 0.3Ω Internal Power MOSFET
- Up to 92% Efficiency
- Stable with Low ESR Ceramic Capacitors
- Fixed 1.4MHz Operating Frequency
- Internal Soft-Start Function
- Over Current Protection with Hiccup-Mode
- Thermal Shutdown
- Available in a SOT23-6 Package
The ACT4088 is a current-mode step-down DC/DC converter that supplies up to 1.5A into 5V from a 12V input. 1.4MHz switching frequency allows the use of tiny external components, and internal loop compensation provides simple, stable power supplies with a minimum of external components. Optimized for use with ceramic input and output capacitors, the ACT4088 provides a very compact 1.5A power supply for space constrained mobile and consumer applications. The ACT4088 operates over a wide input voltage range and utilizes current-mode operation to provide excellent line and load transient response while requiring no external compensation components. Fault protection includes cycle-by-cycle cur- rent limiting,
frequency fold-back, hiccup mode, and thermal shutdown. Internal soft-start provides a controlled startup with no overshoot, even at light loads.
The ACT4088 is available in a tiny SOT23-6 package and requires very few external components.
- TFT LCD Monitors
- Portable DVDs, Headphones, MP3 Players, etc.
- Car-Powered or Battery-Powered Equipment
- Set-Top Boxes
- Telecom Power Supplies
- DSL and Cable Modems and Routers
The Evaluation Tool Users Guide describes the characteristics and operation of the Active Semi ACT4088EVK1 evaluation kit (EVK).
It provides setup and operation instructions, schematic, layout, BOM, and test data.
This EVK demonstrates the ACT4088US-T power management IC.