- 2A Output Current
- Up to 96% Efficiency
- 4.5V to 24V Input Range
- 10μA Shutdown Supply Current
- 400kHz Switching Frequency
- Adjustable Output Voltage
- Cycle-by-Cycle Current Limit Protection
- Thermal Shutdown Protection
- Frequency FoldBack at Short Circuit
- SOP-8EP Package
- Stability with Wide Range of Capacitors
- Including Low ESR Ceramic Capacitors
The ACT4060A is a current-mode step-down DC/DC converter that provides up to 2A of output current at 400kHz switching frequency. The device utilizes Active-Semi’s proprietary high voltage process for operation with input voltages up to 24V.
The ACT4060A provides fast transient response and eases loop stabilization while providing excellent line and load regulation. This device features a very low ON-resistance power MOSFET which provides peak operating efficiency up to 96%.
In shutdown mode, the ACT4060A consumes only 10μA of supply current.
This device also integrates protection features including cycle-by-cycle current limit, thermal shutdown and frequency fold-back at short circuit.
The ACT4060A is available in a SOP-8 package and requires very few external devices for operation.
- TFT LCD Monitors
- Portable DVDs
- Car-Powered or Battery-Powered Equipments
- Set-Top Boxes
- Telecom Power Supplies
- DSL and Cable Modems and Routers
- Termination Supplies