- Buck-Boost Charger with Integrated FETs
- Input Voltage Range: 4 to 29V (No Dead Zone)
- Supports 2 to 5 series cell battery packs
- JEITA Compliant
- Seamless Transition Between Buck and Boost Mode
- OTG output supports QC2.0/3.0/4.0, USB PD with PPS, AFC
- 2V ~ 5V/100mA Programmable Output LDO
- <5 μA Battery Leakage Current in Ship Mode
- Voltage and Current monitoring
- Thermal Regulation and Protection
- Programmable via I²C or Standalone option
- Thermally Enhanced 32-pin 4×4 mm QFN package
The ACT2861 is a buck-boost charger with 4 integrated MOSFETs. It offers a high efficiency, low component count, compact solution for 2 to 5 cell battery charging application. It operates from an input voltage range from 4 to 29V.
An advanced switch control algorithm allows the buck-boost converter to maintain output voltage regulation with input voltages that are above, below or equal to the output voltage.
The ACT2861 is optimized to reduce input current in shipping, shutdown, and standby for applications which are sensitive to quiescent current draw, such as battery-powered devices.
The system can be monitored and configured by I²C. The built-in ADC can be read for the information of input/output voltages and currents, and the die temperature. With an MCU, it can easily be configured to charge a multi cell battery pack from a variety of input power sources.
Advantages of our Battery Management
|All Integrated Solution||Compact Solutions Size
Low System Cost
Less Design Effort
|Wide Input & Output Range||4 to 29V Input
Charge 2 to 5 Series Cells
|Programmable Power Supply (PPS)||20mV Voltage Steps
1% Current Steps
Flexible System Design
|All Parameters Programmable via I2C
- Multi Cell Battery Charger
- Portable Battery-Powered Devices
- Car Charger
- Power Bank
- 24V Industrial Applications
- Automotive Power Systems
- Multiple Power Source Supplies
- DC UPS
- Solar Powered Devices
- Solid-State Lighting
This document describes the characteristic and operation of the active-semi® ACT2861EVK1-201 EVK Rev B evaluation kit (EVK).
It provides setup and operation instructions, schematic, layout, BOM, and test data. To access all registers download the software GUI
This EVK demonstrates the ACT2861 ActivePMU™ power management IC.