- Dedicated single chip solution for mobile power with minimal component count
- Dual cell battery charger
- 3.3A output with Constant Current (CC) regulation
- USB Auto Detection supports USB BC1.2, Apple and Samsung Devices, and Chinese YD/T 1591-2009
- 5.07V +/-1% Output with prioritized Power Path from input to output
- 8.4V / 8.7V +/-0.5% battery charge voltage accuracy
- I2C Interface for optimal system performance and status reporting
- Output plug-in detection and Wakeup from sleep mode
- 10mA No Load Detection and Shut-off
- 4 LED battery level indication
- 4 modes of fuel gauge LED indication
- <10uA low battery drain current
- >92% Charge and discharge efficiency at 3.3A output for full battery range
- Sophisticated Battery Protection for Over Current (OCP), Over Voltage (OVP), Over Temperature (OTP) and Short Circuit Protections (SCP). Battery Disconnection at Output Short
ACT2823 from ACT28xx Family of high-performance, low-profile ICs enables Industry’s smallest size solutions for backup battery pack and standalone battery chargers without the need for cell balancing. Each solution can be implemented without out the need for additional ICs other than a single ACT28xx.
ACT2823 integrates all the functions that a backup battery pack needs, including switching charger, boost converter and LED indication. ACT2823 also includes an input to obtain user feedback (for example, via a push button), to support various user-interface functions such as turn on/off charging and query charging status. The IC supports LED indication to display charging level on 4 LEDs.
ACT2823 operates at 400kHz for switching charger and 400kHz for boost converter allowing tiny external inductor and capacitors. ACT2823 provides a direct power path from input to output with programmable current limit while providing power to switching charger. Output has higher priority than battery charger if the programmed input current limit is reached.
ACT28xx Family charges battery with full cycle of preconditioning, fast charge with constant current and constant voltage until end of charge. The battery charger is thermally regulated at 110°C with charge current foldback. ACT28xx Family boost converter steps battery voltage upto 5V. Boost converter features high efficiency, constant current regulation, short circuit protection and over voltage protection
|PART NUMBER||OUTPUT||CHARGE CURRENT||BATTERY CHARGE TERMINATION VOLTAGE||CELL BALANCING||H PIN||PACKAGE|
Advantages of our Battery Management
|Boost Auto Detection||Startup with load detection and turn off at no load and push button turn on|
|Battery Impedance Compensation||Optimizes the full utilization of the battery cells and increase usable capacity in the battery pack|
|Output accuracy of +-1%||Output with prioritized Power Path from input to output|
|>95% Charge and discharge efficiency||With a maximum output current of 1.5A over the full battery range|
- Backup Battery Pack
- Power Bank
- Mobile Power
- Standalone Battery Charger with USB Output
- Bluetooth Speaker
- Act2823 Datasheet Dual Cell Li-Ion Battery Charger and Power Bank Manager
- ACT2823EVK1 User Guide
- ACT2823 5V/3.4A Dual Cell Battery Power Manager
The application note includes the User Guide, schematics, layout drawings, and Bill Of Materials (BOM).
The high-level of integration included in ACT28xx ICs enable Industry smallest design of battery chargers and mobile chargers such as Power Banks.
The smaller PCB and reduced component count and size enables smaller industrial design and associated costs.
In addition, it allows for larger battery pack to store more energy within the power bank product.