- Dedicated Single Chip Solution for Mobile Power
- 2.4A Continuous Output Current in Boost Mode
- 2.4A Switching Charger Current
- 96% Boost Efficiency (Vbat=4.1V)
- Adaptive to 10mA-2400mA Input Sources
- Battery Disconnection at Output Short
- Boost Auto Turn-off at No Load and Push Button Turn-on
- Battery Over Current, Over Voltage, Over Temperature and Short Circuit Protections
- Boost Auto Startup with Load Detection
- Prioritized Power Path from Input to Output
- 5V+/-100mV Output Voltage in Boost Mode
- 1.1MHz/0.55MHz Switching Frequencies
- 2.2uH Inductor and Low Profile Ceramic Capacitor
- 4 LEDs Battery Level and Status Indication
- Battery Impedance Compensation
- Full Cycle of Battery Charge Management Preconditioning, Fast Charge, Top off and End of Charge
- Charge Current Foldback at 110°C Die Temperature
- IC Over Temperature Protection at 160°C • FCQFN 4×4-20 Package
ACT2813 from ACT28xx Family of high-performance, low-profile ICs enables Industry’s smallest size solutions for backup battery pack and standalone battery chargers. Each solution can be implemented without out the need for additional ICs other than a single ACT28xx.
ACT2813 can enable 5V/2.4A Power Bank solutions and can support input current of up to 2.4A and an output current of up to 3.0A.
ACT28xx Family integrates all the functions that a backup battery pack needs, including switching charger, boost converter and LED indication. ACT28xx Family also includes an input to obtain user feedback (for example, via a push button), to support various user-interface functions such as turn on/off charging and query charging status. The IC supports LED indication to display charging level on 4 LEDs.
ACT2813 operates at 2.2MHz/1.1MHz for switching charger and 1.1MHz/0.55MHz for boost converter allowing tiny external inductor and capacitors. ACT2813 provides a direct power path from input to output with programmable current limit while providing power to switching charger. Output has higher priority than battery charger if the programmed input current limit is reached.
ACT28xx Family charges battery with full cycle of preconditioning, fast charge with constant current and constant voltage until end of charge. The battery charger is thermally regulated at 110°C with charge current foldback. ACT28xx Family boost converter steps battery voltage upto 5V. Boost converter features high efficiency, constant current regulation, short circuit protection and over voltage protection.
ACT28xx Family provides 3.5mA constant currents to drive 4 LEDs to indicate battery level and charge status. Battery impedance is compensated for battery level indication.
Advantages of our Battery Management
|Boost Auto Detection||Startup with load detection and turn off at no load and push button turn on|
|Battery Impedance Compensation||Optimizes the full utilization of the battery cells and increase usable capacity in the battery pack|
|Output accuracy of +-1%||Output with prioritized Power Path from input to output|
|>95% Charge and discharge efficiency||With a maximum output current of 1.5A over the full battery range|
- Power Bank
- Mobile Power
- Backup Battery Pack
- Standalone Battery Charger with USB Output
The high-level of integration included in ACT28xx ICs enable Industry smallest design of battery chargers and mobile chargers such as Power Banks.
The smaller PCB and reduced component count and size enables smaller industrial design and associated costs.
In addition, it allows for larger battery pack to store more energy within the power bank product.