- Dedicated Single Chip Solution for Mobile Power with Minimal Component Count
- Dual cell battery charger with Cell Balancing Management
- 2.4A output with Constant Current (CC) regulation
- USB Auto Detection
- I2C Interface for optimal system performance and status reporting
- Output plug-in detection and Wakeup from sleep mode
- 10mA No Load Detection and Shut-off
- 4 LED battery level indication
- <10uA low battery drain current
- Sophisticated Battery Protection
- Over Current (OCP)
- Over Voltage (OVP)
- Over Temperature (OTP)
- Short Circuit Protections (SCP)
- Battery Disconnection at Output Short
ACT2803 from ACT28xx Family of high-performance, low-profile ICs enables Industry’s smallest size solutions for backup battery pack and standalone battery chargers. Each solution can be implemented without out the need for additional ICs other than a single ACT28xx.
ACT28xx Family integrates all the functions that a backup battery pack needs, including switching charger, cell balancing, boost converter and LED indication. ACT28xx Family also includes an input to obtain user feedback (for example, via a push button), to support various user-interface functions such as turn on/off charging and query charging status. The IC supports LED indication to display charging level on 4 LEDs.
ACT2803 operates at 400kHz for switching charger and 400kHz for boost converter allowing tiny external inductor and capacitors. ACT2803 provides a direct power path from input to output with programmable current limit while providing power to switching charger. Output has higher priority than battery charger if the programmed input current limit is reached.
ACT28xx Family charges battery with full cycle of preconditioning, fast charge with constant current and constant voltage until end of charge. The battery charger is thermally regulated at 110°C with charge current foldback. ACT28xx Family boost converter steps battery voltage upto 5V. Boost converter features high efficiency, constant current regulation, short circuit protection and over voltage protection.
|PART NUMBER||OUTPUT||CHARGE CURRENT||BATTERY CHARGE TERMINATION VOLTAGE||CELL BALANCING||H PIN||PACKAGE|
Advantages of our Battery Management
|Boost Auto Detection||Startup with load detection and turn off at no load and push button turn on|
|Battery Impedance Compensation||Optimizes the full utilization of the battery cells and increase usable capacity in the battery pack|
|Output accuracy of +-1%||Output with prioritized Power Path from input to output|
|>95% Charge and discharge efficiency||With a maximum output current of 1.5A over the full battery range|
- Power Bank
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Dual Cell Boost Battery Charger
- Standalone Battery Charger with USB Output
- Backup Battery Pack