- Dedicated Single Chip Solution for Mobile Power with Minimal Component Count
- High Charge & Discharge Efficiency, 95% Boost Efficiency (Vbat = 4.1V)
- <10μA Low Battery Leakage Current in Hi-Z Mode during Storage
- Programmable Input Current Limit to up to 3.0A
- Programmable Constant Output Current in Boost Mode to up to 5V/2.1A
- No Load Shutdown and Push Button Turn-on
- Sophisticated Battery Protection for Over Current (OCP), Over Voltage (OVP), Over Temperature (OTP) and Short Circuit Protections (SCP). Battery Disconnection at Output Short
ACT2802 from ACT28xx Family of high-performance, low-profile ICs enables Industry’s smallest size solutions for backup battery pack and standalone battery chargers. Each solution can be implemented without out the need for additional ICs other than a single ACT28xx.
ACT2802 can enable 5V/2.1A and 5V/1A+1A Power Bank solutions and can support input current of up to 2.1A and an output current of up to 2.1A.
ACT28xx Family integrates all the functions that a backup battery pack needs, including switching charger, boost converter and LED indication. ACT28xx Family also includes an input to obtain user feedback (for example, via a push button), to support various user-interface functions such as turn on/off charging and query charging status. The IC supports LED indication to display charging level on 4 LEDs.
ACT2802 operates at 2.2MHz/1.1MHz for switching charger and 1.1MHz/0.55MHz for boost converter allowing tiny external inductor and capacitors. ACT2802 provides a direct power path from input to output with programmable current limit while providing power to switching charger. Output has higher priority than battery charger if the programmed input current limit is reached.
ACT28xx Family charges battery with full cycle of preconditioning, fast charge with constant current and constant voltage until end of charge. The battery charger is thermally regulated at 110°C with charge current foldback. ACT28xx Family boost converter steps battery voltage upto 5V. Boost converter features high efficiency, constant current regulation, short circuit protection and over voltage protection.
|PART NUMBER||OUTPUT||FLASHLIGHT||PLUG BATTERY TURN ON BOOST||LESS ALWAYS ON IN BOOST||LATCH OFF AT BOOST UVLO||BOOST LIGHT LOAD OFF TIME||PACKAGE|
Advantages of our Battery Management
|Boost Auto Detection||Startup with load detection and turn off at no load and push button turn on|
|Battery Impedance Compensation||Optimizes the full utilization of the battery cells and increase usable capacity in the battery pack|
|Output accuracy of +-1%||Output with prioritized Power Path from input to output|
|>95% Charge and discharge efficiency||With a maximum output current of 1.5A over the full battery range|
- Backup Battery Pack
- Power Bank
- Mobile Power
- Standalone Battery Charger with USB Output
- Bluetooth Speaker