- DCM and Quasi-Resonant Operation
- QC2.0 Output Current Foldback Control at 5V, 9V and 12V
- High VDD Sustain Voltage for QC2.0 Wide Output Range Operation
- Adjustable up to 90kHz Switching Frequency
- Integrated Patented Line Compensation
- Built-in Soft-Start Circuit
- Line Under-Voltage, Thermal, Output Overvoltage, Output Short Protections
- Current Sense Resistor Short Protection
- Transformer Short Winding Protection
- 30mW Standby Power
- Complies with Global Energy Efficiency and CEC Average Efficiency Standards
- SOP8 Package
The ACT522 is a high performance peak current mode PWM controller. ACT522 applies ActiveQR™ and frequency foldback technique to reduce EMI and improve efficiency. ACT522’s maximum design switching frequency is set at 100kHz. Very low standby power, good dynamic response and accurate voltage regulation is achieved with an opto-coupler and the secondary side control circuit. The idle mode operation enables low standby power of 30mW with small output voltage ripple. By applying frequency foldback and ActiveQR™ technology, ACT522 increases the average system efficiency compared to conventional solutions and exceeds the latest ES2.0 efficiency standard with good margin.
ACT522 integrates comprehensive protection. In case of over temperature, over voltage, short winding, short current sense resistor, open loop and overload conditions, it would enter into auto restart mode including Cycle-by-Cycle current limiting. ACT522 is to achieve no overshoot and very short rise time even with big capacitive load with the builtin fast and soft start process.
In low line full load condition, ACT522 is able to be designed to work in first valley turn on DCM mode to meet different types of applications. Quasi-Resonant (QR) operation mode can effectively improve efficiency during DCM operation, and reduce the EMI noise and further reduce the components in input filter. ACT522 uses an opto-coupler feedback architecture to provide accurate constant voltage even at low loads, constant current (CV/CC) regulation. Integrated line and primary inductance compensation circuitry provides accurate constant current operation despite wide variations in line voltage and primary inductance. ACT522 is idea for QC2.0 12V/1.25A;9V/1.67A; 5V/2A application.