- No Opto-Coupler
- Suitable Operation Frequency up to 85kHZ
- Best-in-Class Constant Voltage, Constant Current Accuracy
- Low EMI
- Proprietary Fast Startup Circuit
- Built-in Soft-Start Circuit
- Integrated Line and Primary Inductance Compensation
- Integrated Programmable Output Cord Resistance Compensation
- Complies with all Global Energy Efficiency and CEC Average Efficiency Standards
- Adjustable Power from 2W to 6.3W
- Minimum External Components
- Tiny SOT23-6 Package
The ACT364 belongs to the high performance patented ActivePSRTM Family of Universal-input AC/DC off-line controllers for battery charger and adapter applications. It is designed for flyback topology working in discontinuous conduction mode (DCM). The ACT364 meets all of the global energy efficiency regulations (CEC, European Blue Angel, and US Energy Star standards) while using very few external components. The ACT364 ensures safe operation with complete protection against all fault conditions. Built-in protection circuitry is provided for output shortcircuit, output over-voltage, line under-voltage, and over temperature conditions.
The ACT364 ActivePSRTM is optimized for high performance, cost-sensitive applications, and utilizes Active-Semi’s proprietary primary-side feedback architecture to provide accurate constant voltage, constant current (CV/CC) regulation without the need of an opto-coupler or reference device. Integrated line and primary inductance compensation circuitry provides accurate constant current operation despite wide variations in line voltage and primary inductance. Integrated output cord resistance compensation further enhances output accuracy. The ACT364 achieves excellent regulation and transient response, yet requires less than 150mW of standby power.