ActivePMU™ is designed for entertainment and computing systems equipped with ARM®-based application processors. Our ActivePMU™ coding matrix allows fast time-to-market for new designs utilizing the latest features of the latest AP that is most suitable for the platform. Single, dual, and quad-core power management units from Active-Semi enable a wide range of portable consumer electronics ranging from a feature-rich watch to a tablet PC.
An example tablet PC powered by ACT8847 is illustrated below. Featuring 4 high-performance DC/DC buck converters and 9 LDOs, the ACT8847 offers a rich power solution for the tablet PC. The ActivePath™ battery charger may be integrated with the ActivePMU™, or implemented as a discrete device as shown.
The high-efficiency and low BOM architecture of ActivePMU™ offers state-of-the-art ultra-slim and light-weight designs for the consumer. Active-Semi’s power management units are extremely flexible, enabling a minimal design cycle, and simplifying the design-in process.
- ActivePMU™ for Watches, Smartphones, Tablets, and other ARM®-based electronics
- Single/Dual/Quad-Core Performance
- Wide Application Processor Support
- Integrated ActivePath™ Battery Charging
- High Efficiency for Ultra-Slim Designs
- Coding Matrix Supports Fast Time to Market with Unique Solutions