Novtech’s Platform Evaluation Kit (NOVPEK) provides iMX 6 Series system designers with a comprehensive set of development tools including a proven reference design for Active-Semi’s ACT8847 power management solution. The ACT8847 supports the i.MX6S (single-), i.MX6D (dual-), and i.MX6Q (quad-) core variants, including the ‘Lite’ class processors. Leveraging the ActivePMU™ tile-based EEPROM-configurable architecture, the ACT8847 offers significant reductions in board area, layout complexity, and total BOM cost.
Key Features & Benefits
- Turnkey solution: 80% design effort reduction vs. discretes
- Compact Design: Up to 80% fexer parts
- Excellent efficiency with low standby power
- Complete Sequence Control: Integrated and programmable
- Semi-custom PMICs through EEPROM coding matrix
Simplified System Diagram
Below is the block diagrams showing ActivePMU™ and Freescale i.MX 6 Series application processor based solutions.
Typical ACT8847 Power Application for Freescale i.MX 6 Series Processors
Products Supporting Freescale i.MX 6 Series Processor Solutions
There are two different evaluation kits for PMIC solutions using i.MX6x processors, both utilizing Active-Semi’s ACT8847 IC with ActivePMU™.
ACT8847 Power Module for NOVPEK™ i.MX6Q/D System
- Based on NOVSOM i.MX6x System-On-Module (SOM)
- Includes Baseboard, SOM, Power Module, Boot Loader
- Supports OTG, USB HOST, SATA Peripherals
- Supports LVDS, HDMI, MIPI/SDI Peripherals
- Provides 200+ Easily Accessible IOMUX Connections
- Supports Pre-Programmed ACT8847QM502-T
- Simplified Software Development by 10/100 Ethernet Port
For more info on the NOVPEK™ i.MX6Q/D System at http://novsom.com/freescale/imx/imx6/novpek-imx-6x.
ACT8847 PMIC for Freescale i.MX 6 Series Processors
- Four Step-Down DC/DC Converters
- Nine Low-Dropout Linear Regulators
- I2C™ Serial Interface
- Power External Memory (eg. LP-DDR2, DDR3, LV-DDR3)
- Advanced Enable/Disable Sequencing Controller
- Minimal External Components
- Tiny 6 mm x 6 mm TQFN66-48 Package