Highest performance and smallest footprint advanced PMU solutions for the latest Atmel SAMA5 D2x, and D3x, D4x family eMPUs.
See below for collaterals and links to Xplained board reference designs featuring ACT8865 and ACT8945A PMU solutions.
ActivePMU™ Power management units (PMUs) from Active-Semi enable a wide range of MCUs, MPUs and eMPUs for a broad range of end-applications in industrial, consumer and computing markets. Examples of the end-systems include Point-of-Sale (POS) systems, human-machine interfaces (HMI), control panels, smart grid infrastructures, network gateways, M2M systems, 2D barcode scanners, barcode printers, machine vision equipment, home and commercial building automations, POS terminals and a wide variety of HMI & displays in medical devices and white goods.
ActivePMU™ implements custom coding matrix architecture that allows fast design of PMU solutions for new MCUs, thereby reducing the time-to-market for the customers. ActivePMU™ products feature PMU ICs, evaluation kits (EVKs), reference designs and additional collaterals to cut down on the development time, while offering the best performance and the smallest design footprint.
Active-Semi offers ACT8945A and ACT8865 PMUs for Atmel’s latest SAMA5 D2x eMPUs and also for SAMA5 D3x and D4x family eMPUs. These easy-to-use power management solutions offer highly competitive desigs to reduce the system BOM, reduce power management footprint and offer the best performance in these systems. Both PMUs, and their different code matrix version offer rich design features for system scalability. An example, ACT8945A features ActivePath™ charger, 3 high-performance DC/DC buck converters and 4 LDOs, offering a scalable power management for also supporting DDR memories, peripherals, and system power in POS, HMI and IoT applications. ACT8865 offers the same benefits as above without the ActivePath™ charger.
Key Features & Benefits
- Up to 80% Component Count Reduction vs. Discrete Solutions
- Up to 50% Solution Price Reduction
- 2-4x Higher Reliability
- 80% Reduction in Design Effort
- <2mW Standby Power
- Integrated Sequencing control: Pre-validated & Programmable for ePMU Solutions
- Lowest Noise for Analog Rails on Noise Sensitive Application
- I2C™ Serial Interface
Simplified System Diagram
Below are block diagrams showing ActivePMU™ and Atmel SAMA5/SAM9 eMPU based solutions for Smartwatches, wearables, POS, HMI, etc. In addition, ACT8945A’s ActivePath™ technology offers integrated battery charging capability where needed. Also, Coding Matrix featured in these PMICs supports fast time to market with unique solutions.
ACT8865 for Atmel
SAMA5 and SAM9 eMPUs
ACT8945A for Atmel
SAMA5 and SAM9 eMPUs
Products Supporting Atmel SAMA5 and SAM9 eMPUs for Smartwatch, Wearables, POS etc. Solutions
Below are the reference designs and evaluation kit details for Atmel SAMA5/SAM9 eMPUs powered with Active-Semi’s ACT8865 and ACT8945A PMICs
- AppNote: ACT8865QI305-T versus ACT8865QI303-T
- Active PMU™ GUI Software for Active-Semi’s ACT8865 IC
- Active PMU™ GUI Software for Active-Semi’s ACT8945A IC
- SAMA5D2 Design Reference More information for SAMA5D2 available at Atmel
- SAMA5D3 Design Reference More information for SAMA5D3 available at Atmel
- SAMA5D4 Design Reference More information for SAMA5D4 available at Atmel
- App Note: Powering Atmel MPUs with ActivePMU PMICs