AC/offline supplied white goods, compressor and pumps are applications that traditionally require many different components to implement on the controller PCB. A typical system would need an external DC/DC Flyback or Buck, 600V gate drivers, Signal conditioning such as differential amplifiers and comparators and an accurate external time-base, such as a crystal. The PAC® family integrates all of these components into a single IC as small as 8x8mm. With the PAC® family’s Multi-mode Power Manager (MMPMTM), the system may be implemented either with a Flyback or Buck topology with the control integrated. With the PAC® family’s Configurable Analog Front-End (CAFETM) and Application Specific Power Drivers (ASPDTM), all of the signal conditioning and gate driver functions are integrated as well, including programmable gain amplifiers for advanced algorithms, OC/UV/OV driver shut-down and other protection features. Active-Semi also makes available an advanced FOC application that is a feature-rich implementation that addresses many of the control algorithms required for these systems.
- PAC5250 – 600V Flyback DC/DC, 50MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0, 32kB FLASH, 57-pin QFN
- PAC5253 – 600V Flyback DC/DC, 50MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0, 32kB FLASH, 43-pin QFN
- PAC5255 – 600V Flyback DC/DC, 50MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0, 32kB FLASH, 57-pin QFN, Class B optimized
- PAC5256 – 600V, Buck DC/DC, 50MHz Arm® Cortex®-M0, 32kB FLASH, 52-pin QFN
- RD5253SWP – 600V 64mm water pump using PAC5253